SHARK BAY KITESURFING : KITE SURFING LESSONS IN WESTERN AUSTRALIA
LEARN KITE SURFING IN A DAY
LEARN KITE SURFING IN A DAY, First part ;
- Weather – site analysis – possible hazards and dangers – environmental factors.
- Identify wind: sources, directions, strengths and effects.
- Wind window explanation and theory – kite positions in the wind window with a trainer kite – all exercises.
- Set up the gear and explanation of kite anatomy.
- Safety systems demonstration and practice.
- First flight – explain steering and bar movement – assisted launch and landing kite.
- Self launch – self landing and self rescue theory on the beach.
- Practice kite control and steering, release bar and land kite to water – re launching.
- Body drag away from beach and self rescue in water (only if conditions are suitable).
- One handed flying – Land kite to your instructor.
- Recap of essential communication and launching signals.
- Basic downwind and body drag technique including stopping technique.
Time to have a Break lunch with debriefing and have a rest ( around 2 hours )
LEARN KITE SURFING IN A DAY: Second Part ;
- Recap the first body dragging and the first Downwind body dragging.
- Body dragging across wind and technique to reduce your speed.
- Across the wind with hand out and using edge of window with one and powered crosswind body drag.
- Using all the power window, to generate power and stability.
- Keeping power constant and kite steering positive.
- Trying to achieve a constant drag speed by turning fast and utilizing all of the power zone.
- Learning to let go on demand buy instructor signal.
- Introduction to the board on the beach and water.
- Board technique.
- First board starts.
- Control your speed of your first ride.
- First board rides and prolonged power delivery.
- Riding on board minimum 50 meters.
- Riding on the board and come back to the beach.
- Launch and landing the kite.
- To be proud of your kitesurfing progress.
After this long day, we are going have a shower and organise the dinner, we also doing another debriefing and feed back about the journey.